Cotton yarn will work best for bottle covers because of its natural ability to absorb moisture and easy to wash. I used 2.75mm crochet hook for this cover.
We will start from the bottom to the top of the bottle.
- Round 1: Make a magic circle, chain 3, 15 double crochet in the loop, join at the first chain-3 (total 16 dc).
- Round 2: Chain 3, 2 dc in each dc around (total 32 dc).
- Round 3: Chain 3, *2 dc in next stitch, 1 dc in next stitch. Repeat around from * (48 dc total).
- Round 1: chain 1, Front Post Single Crochet around the chain-3 space, chain 1. * Skip 2 stitches, work 2 dc in the next st, chain 1, 2 dc in the same st (this will complete a shell). Skip 2 stitches, work 1 Front Post Double Crochet (FPDC) in the next st. Continue across from * for the remainder with 1 FPDC between shells. Join with the chain 1 above the FPSC. You will have total of 8 shells and FPDC between each shell.
- From round 2 onwards: Repeat round 1 for the remainder of the length of the bottle cover you desired (For mine, I made 17 rounds).
Little flowers: (make 2)
Magic circle, * sc in the loop, chain 2, 1 cluster of 3 dc, chain 2, sc in the loop. Repeat from * 4 times (there will be 5 petals of the flower).